Social Experiment Bus Shelter

Houston Metro: We give you free Metro passes and a nice certificate, and you get to keep up with the off-cycle trash clean-up of the shelter. Me: Wow, so I can do anything I want to it? I can decorate it and have art openings?? Metro Bus people: total silence, slight sound of regret in the background.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Metro Welcome packet finally arrives

Metro finally delivered my welcome packet this afternoon.


It came with a framed certificate and some bus passes! They feel and smell like Cracker Jack prizes (recycled paper mixed with the smell of popcorn. As a child, that soon became the imprinted smell of anticipation and excitement) .

But no plastic bags for trash, which was kind of the most important thing. So as soon as I get my back to stop hurting, I'm gonna go out there and check on the trash situation at my stop. I'll take my bus passes with me to see if anyone there needs one.

Which brings me to the one item I'll need most of all now:
Am I afraid of contracting Hep C from a used needle lying on the floor? hell yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger saraj said...

My grandma got one of those hep-C needle picker-upper thingies when she had her back surgery. A couple Christmases ago we saw my cousin's 4-year-old brandish that and a wastebasket, going towards her 2-year-old brother saying, "Andy! Let's play Baskethead and Grabber!"

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home